Saturday, July 20, 2013

Nexus 7 emulator launcher error

You started a Nexus 7 emulator on your Mac or Windows system and struggling to get rid of the launcher error that says "Unfortunately launcher has stopped".  

Launcher error

Yes its unfortunate and it looks stupid(at-least to me) to drag the "Custom Locale" icon to home screen to get rid of this error. You have to drag the icon as shown below to the home screen

Hold and drag the Custom Locale icon
Then drag it all the way to home screen.

Place it anywhere you like in this screen
Now everything should work fine in the emulator.  I was wondering if this deserved a blog post, but I wasted at-least half and hour finding out why it crashed as I directly ran my app and was modifying different things in my app to see if it was failing because of my app.


1 comment: